Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Passion Pit and Tokyo Police Club


Meet Tokyo Police Club.


Photobucket


As much as I love pretending I'm important, I love attending free events even more. Passion Pit and Tokyo Police Club came to Waterloo Records last week for a free pre-show party. I have actually never heard of these bands in my whole life, but I think they capture the Austin music scene pretty well.




Oh, hi random girl looking effortless.


Photobucket

I am fascinated by the people with a natural frown look. Intriguing, indeed.




Meet Jenny, Sue, and Sarah!
(from left to right)

Photobucket


Jenny Zhang
School: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Plan II English
Wearing: Accessories & bag from Buffalo Exchange
Current Obsession: flow-y bohemian tops and dresses or anything that looks pretty when wind blows.

Sue Chen
School: University of Texas at Austin
Major: International Studies
Wearing: bag from New York Soho, Shirt from Urban Outfitters
Current Obsession: open back cutout dresses

Sarah Knowles
School: Rhodes College
Major: English Literature
Minor: Studio Art
Wearing: American Apparel skirt, DSW shoes, and Nordstrom shirt
Current Obsession: Low-Luv x Erin Wasson

Photobucket


We encountered Jenny and her beautiful crew in the line in front of Waterloo Records. So fellow Texans might understand how hot the summers here are and I would say these girls represent good examples of how to look minimal yet bold under the impossible heat of the Texas sun.

Jenny is a personal friend of mine, that I met through my roommate. I just adore her glorious long black hair and her lean/statuesque height that reminds me of Pocahontas. We met unexpectedly but a great encounter nonetheless!
- kaidon

we tried so hard to stalk the members of Tokyo Police Club but fail. oops! Better luck next time :D xoxo


Photobucket

Anyway, Kaidon and I went to a studio across Whole Foods to take some snap shots of Austin's people. I mean, if a band is coming, there are bound to be some fashionable hippies, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment