Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 10, Person 10

I went to American Apparel a few weeks back. Even though I can respect this store for its simple and minimalistic style, I always think twice before buying anything more than $20 here. I like the store's preppy line the most. Call me boring, but I like the oxford button-downs, stripped tees, and pleated skirts. While looking at a few solid tees, I saw Rachel talking to some of her friends and asked if I could feature her.

Meet a few American Apparel employees: Ashton, Carla, and Rachel (left to right).

Photobucket

Ashton
Current Obsession: Anything high-waisted
Wearing: American Apparel shirt and shorts, Payless shoes

Although Ashton isn't currently attending school, she works with Paul Michell. When I asked her to tell me an interesting fact about herself, she told me that she had a silver tooth. It's true, I can't say I have a silver tooth.

Carla
School: Austin Community College
Major: Undeclared
Current Obsession: Mussels, high-waisted things

Carla is originally from Venezuela and loves traveling. One of the coolest places she has ever been to was the Amazon Rainforest.

Rachel
School: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Theater and Dance
Current Obsession: Pleated skirts, socks
Wearing: American Apparel skirt and dress; shoes from thrift store in Houston

Rachel recently graduated and landed a small part in Machete (directed by Robert Rodriguez) as a pool girl. I learned later from a few friends that she's also a model for the American Apparel ads.

Here's some Mary 101. Sometimes I like to watch movies while I blog. Tonight I am watching 500 Days of Summer. This is one of my favorite movies.

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment