Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 12, Person 12

I like to go to random places sometimes. In fact, I like to go to random places so much that I willingly volunteer to run errands with my friends - even when they don't want me to. Yes, I do this very frequently. After all, it's the best way to meet new people. And ... I love meeting new people.

My friend Julie and I went to Barton Creek because she had to fix her MacBook. People always think I have one of those, but you know what? I don't even support Apple laptops.

On a more related note, we were eating at the food court when I saw this very business casual woman. She looked like she was probably around her mid 20's, and I knew I had to feature her. So ... when Julie left to her appointment, I approached this person while she was eating at another table.

Meet Lyndsey.

Photobucket

Occupation: Accountant Executive for Trish McEvoy
Wearing: Zara Dress; Nine West shoes; F21 Bracelet
Current Obsession: Chanel clogs, Gucci handbags

For some reason, I thought of Megan Fox when I met Lyndsey. Maybe it's the long hair. Maybe it's the tan skin. Or maybe it's just that "important person" aura. Whatever the case, I wasn't too surprised when she told me she worked for a makeup company sold exclusively at Nordstrom. She started working immediately when she graduated from Texas State. Even though she probably calls herself an Austinite now, she is orginally from Dallas. There's just something about her style that reminds me of Dallas. I mean, I'm from Dallas, so I'm partial to Dallas fashion. Also like me, Lyndsey took a while to like Austin. After living here for several years, she grew to like Austin. She thinks that people in Dallas dress up more. It was weird to her when she would walk outside and see people walk around in pajama-type clothes. I agree.

Clean. Classic. Modern.

Even though we have our similarities, we also have some differences. Unlike me, she likes to read a lot. She especially loves reading Vanity Fair when she travels. She especially loved the piece about Dennis Hopper and Sean Lee. Her favorite place to travel to is New York, and just recently, she went to the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic was very different than the US. It is a poor country, and many of the villagers live in huts. Other than that, she really enjoyed the place. She liked the nice people, and she liked the scenary. When she's not visiting cool places, she likes to just go to Borders and sit outisde under the sun.

"Do the best with what you got."

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment