Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Project Cheap & Chic: Amber

The first person for our Project Cheap & Chic is Amber McAdams.

We find a person and make him/her over. Essentially, we accentuate a person's beauty.

Meet Amber McAdams.

Photobucket

School: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Management
Wearing: F21 Skinny Jeans ($16); Gap Belt ($7); Marshalls Tank ($13); F21 Shoes ($18); Mossimo Purse ($10)

Amber is my current roommate and will probably be my roommate forever. I met her last year when we were randomly assigned to live with each other. My first impression of her was not that great. But … once again, never judge a book by its cover. I would say that she is one of my best friends at UT now, and a good friend at that. One of the first things I noticed about Amber was her style. I wasn’t too fond of her style, so Kaidon and I decided to take her shopping one day in April. From that day on, she decided to trust us. What I love the most about Amber is that she completely and fully trusts us. She trusts that we know what looks good and allows me to use my creativity. Also, she has a very model-esque type body, so she made our job easier.

Before:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

This outfit cost below $50.

We love going shopping at various places and love saving money even more. Expect more to come!

Usually, I like to conclude my posts with some words of wisdom - or just things that I notice about the world. I truly think that there's a reason for everything on this earth. There's a reason why you meet the people you meet. There's a reason why moments happen. For example, if I had accidentally clicked the update button on my roommate, I would have never met her. It's like that commercial "any second could be the second." Appreciate the people you meet because they could be your next best friend, your boyfriend, or your husband.

-Mary

2 comments:

  1. i like your words of wisdom. by the way, amber sort of look likes like avril lavigne on the last photo of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! A lot of people tell me I look like Avril Lavigne. I don't get it... But thanks! lol

    Mary and Kaidon--Thanks so much for transforming me! :) You two are awesome! Can't wait to see the next Cheap and Chic transformation!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete