Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vivo

You know what's so great about Austin? It's home to a million eclectic restaurants. Good or bad, you always leave with memorable experiences. After all, it's the worst ones that leave you with the most unforgettable memories, right? You never forget why you should never come back.


Photobucket

We went to Vivo, a Mexican restaurant, with my friend Anjali. On the outside, the place looked like a shabby, knock-off Taco Cabbanna. Nevertheless, it's true what they say ... don't judge a book by it's cover. I definitely think that Vivo is a cool place to check out.

Photobucket

I'm not a fan of Tex-Mex, but I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to spend $12 on food in the company of soothing scenary.


Photobucket

Not many people were here that night. I think it's better when you're at a restaurant by yourself anyway. There's just something special about being there with just a few friends.


Photobucket

This was the view we had when we turned our heads to the right. Quite frankly, I've never been to a restaurant with such effective lighting. Notice how well the builders used wall space to create dimension.

Photobucket

The painting of the lady on the left is Frida Kahlo. She is one of my favorite painters. I did a 4,000 word essay on her when I was a senior in high school. I think she's a strong and beautiful person. She was involved in a bus accident when she was an adolescent. A pole pierced right through her vagina down to her legs. She began to paint after this incident.

Photobucket

The screens remind me of something Picasso would paint. For those of you who don't know, Picasso liked using very bold colors. A few years back, the Museum of Modern Art in Fort Worth did a special on him.


Photobucket

I like when different things come in threes. Whether the items are buttons, paintings, or whatever.

Photobucket

What's the take-home message? I like going to different restaurants a lot. I'll try to go to many more, so you all can live vicariously through my many experiences. After all, that's the point about a post about foods right? By the way, has anyone used Urban Spoon? It's so cool! All you have to do is shake, and it helps you find neat, new restaurants.

-Mary


Photobucket

I just thought I would add these pictures because I wanted to be on here too.

Photobucket

I don't really care for Mexican foods so I cannot be a fair critic, but I did enjoy the company and the overall setting of the restaurant. Lighting might have been too dim for my taste because I like to see what I'm eating but other than that, everything else was content.

-Kaidon

1 comment:

  1. i have always wanted to try vivo!
    it's more of a date night kinda place,
    which is why i wanted to go. hee.

    oh, frida.

    ReplyDelete