Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 8, Person 8

We went to Coco's Cafe after lunch to drop off Kaidon for work. For those of you who don't know, Coco's Cafe is an Asian cafe that just recently opened on the drag. Unlike other Asian cafe's, this place is actually clean. The food isn't too expensive either. In fact, most people come to eat the peppercorn chicken dish or drink some of the delicious boba teas.

While waiting around for our drinks, I spotted an edgy/ exotic looking girl. If I can't distinguish someone's ethnicity, I usually call him/her exotic. Whatever the case, Kaidon and I ran up to her and asked to feature her.

Meet Jennifer

Photobucket

Wearing: Thrift Store Bag; Selfridge shirt; Target tights; F21 Knit top; Barney's New York Shoes; Toy Joy ring
Current Obsession: Toy rings, big gaudy rings; dinosaurs

Photobucket

Most of the people I meet go to UT. However, I think it's really cool when I get to meet people from outside of Texas. Jennifer is one of those few that are from California. Specifically, she's from LA and went to UC Santa Cruz. When I first met Jennifer, I thought she was one of those really nice and modest girls. So ... it made sense when she told me that she ultimately wanted to be a teacher and work with pre-school kids in the future. I think the world needs more of these types of teachers.

For some reason, it surprised me when she said she didn't like Austin too much. But ... I mean, I didn't like Austin either when I first came here. In fact, it took me 2 years to get used to. She doesn't particularly like the Austin style, or rather, the hipster style. Austin is one of those cities that you either love or hate.

Photobucket

Fun. White-trash. Outgoing.

Photobucket

Did you know she's part German and part Taiwanese?

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment