Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Photobucket


My whole life, I have never really celebrated this holiday. I have never had a cookout, firework fun, or family get-togethers. I probably went to go watch a few firework displays with my parents when I was a little girl once or twice. But ... that's it. We don't celebrate many things.

I'm in Austin this year for the holiday weekend. Kaidon and I went to brunch with our friend Shristi Devu (day 5, person 5). She introduced us to Taverna's, a restaurant downtown Austin somewhere. If you come before 3, Taverna's has $1 Mamosas - not that I'm an avid drinker or anything. Just ... if you're interested. I ordered an English muffin with pouched eggs and crab. Delicious.

Photobucket


Mary
Wearing: Gap Blazer; Zara Dress; Franco Sarto Flats; BCBGeneration Purse; Movado Watch; Macy's Necklace

Kaidon
Wearing: Gap Jacket; Urban Outfitter's Tank; Metro Park Belt, Metro Park Studded Clutch

We didn't do anything special just spent a quiet afternoon with a good friend. I didn't do anything short of boring that night either. I just saw a glimpse of some fireworks with a friend and got lost in 2 hour traffic. Making up trending topics on twitter is fun when you're stuck downtown.


Photobucket



Photobucket

Our frequent third partner in crime, Shristi.

Photobucket
I can't wait until next year. Until that time, Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment